14 September 2009

pure-ftpd and tcpd_wrappers


Have you ever had to deal with fuckz0rs from all around the world trying to put shit on your server. Well I know I have to. Some of my customers got infected with some key-loggers and managed to get their ftp passwords stolen. Now I have to deal with that. This happened to me once before and the smartass datacenter admin was so thrilled to say: "you were 0wned, you were h4x0red, you were rooted, etc etc".
And Idiot that I was, I believed him. I started scanning my server for rootkits and that kind of shit instead of looking for the real thing. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

I've downloaded the binary and csv geoip database, managed to crawl through it via php module. I've got all the Slovenian IP ranges.Now I just have to configure pure-ftpd to work with tcpd_wrappers so I can get it to work with hosts.deny. Enough about that for now.

Any-who, I've ordered a new computer for myself today, it's been a long time since I've bought something for myself. For about two years now, I was only selling stuff ;) It's a quad-core with 8GB ram and 2TB hard drive, a kick ass graphics card and a big screen. All I have to do now is wait.



This is my current computer configuration

No comments: