09 September 2008

MSN messenger, Google Talk, Skype


I've been trying to talk to my sister online (she is in Norway) for couple of days now, so I've made some tests of the current popular communication software.
1. MSN Messenger couldn't even make an audio connection, it has probably something to do with msn's ports and routers on the other end. I gave up there.
2. Then we tried Gtalk. It connected immediately and we talked for a few days. Everything wen't O.K. Since I don't live with my parents anymore, we don't share the same computer but we all wanted to talk to each other at the same time. That means that we had to have a conference call. I remembered that Skype has that option so we all installed it.
3. Skype has had the best performance overall. The sound quality was much better than that of Gtalk and Windows Live Messenger. There were some glitches in sound every now and then but that was probably my sisters internet connection from the campus. Now we must try the video conference.

p.s.: Oh yeah, If you haven't noticed, my blog header now changes everytime the page get's refreshed ;)

No comments: