02 December 2010

Flashing my NEC ND-3520A DVD/RW drive

So I've been having some issues with my DVD recorder lately. Well not lately, for quite some time now, but I never got around thinking about it. Today I wanted to backup some files and guess what, the recorder didn't want to record the DVDs. It worked OK with some, but not with others. So I decided to flash the damn thing.

I downloaded the NEC ND-3520A flash tool, ran it, and It said that my firmware version was 1.04 - the current was above 3.07. So I had a way too old firmware.

Once I flashed it, powered down my computer and turned it on again, everything worked like a charm. I guess the firmware was so old it didn't have any information about the new media (DVD's,CD's) that were out there. My 100th post, Yay.

Well, I did something good today, now I can go out and make a snowman :)

No comments: